Monday, July 23, 2007

Christmas Every Wednesday

I am a small farmer's daughter - and have gardened most of my life. I live in Albany now and don't have a yard or land of my own. But I've discovered Community Supported Agriculture! I can support other local small farmers and stay connected to growing food when I can't do it myself. Signing up with Full Belly Farms was one of the best things I've done in awhile! It's really the very next best thing to growing my own family's food. Every Wednesday, I go to a Presbyterian church courtyard to pick up my box of just picked fruits and vegetables. This week, the Full Belly farmers delivered melons, heirloom tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, long beans, garlic, corn and peaches! It's like Christmas every Wednesday!

Eating local is not only the best thing we can do for the environment, but it really is the best thing to do for our palates and pleasure! Try it!

No comments: